How to ApplyHOW TO APPLY
CAPC Corps members are selected by the partner service sites to participate in the CAPC Corps program.
Applicants must meet the following criteria and provide the required documentation in order to be eligible to enroll in the AmeriCorps program:
- Be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States (Please note that individuals who are in the United States under a student, work, or tourist visa are not eligible to become AmeriCorps members. Similarly, individuals who have refugee status but nothing indicating permanent resident status are not eligible to become AmeriCorps members.);
- Be at least 18 years of age at the commencement of service or 17 years of age with consent of legal guardian (with approval from CAPC Sacramento);
- Complete an application packet, provide a minimum of two references and participate in a successful interview;
Complete the National Service Criminal History Check, consisting of:
- fingerprint clearance from the California Department of Justice;
- fingerprint clearance from the Federal Bureau of Investigation; and
- clearance from the National Sex Offender Public Registry.
For more information or referral to a service site, please contact the Child Abuse Prevention Center at (916) 244-1900.